You’ve read about many facets of life on the seven seas in the Ubisoft DevBlogs, from ships to pets. With the newest blog, the focus is entirely on how Ubisoft ported the Skull and Bones universe to the PC.
Skull and Bones has plenty of beautiful vistas and gulfs with high tides for players to discover. Provided you have the necessary hardware, you can experience it at 4K, with full High Dynamic Range support. For the pirates with great reflexes and equally fast displays, Ubisoft has made sure you can enjoy Skull and Bones at framerates beyond 60FPS. Of course, the limit will be dictated by your hardware, but if 144FPS piracy is something you’ve always wanted, now’s your chance. Thanks to Nvidia’s RTX Raytracing technology, you’ll be able to see that light reflected from surface to surface. In order to enable Ray-Traced Global Illumination, you will need compatible hardware.
Disclaimer: Some of this material may change since Skull and Bones is currently in development.
Players of Skull and Bones can expect a series of familiar, in-depth graphical settings to tailor their experience to their systems. Furthermore, Ubisoft believes everyone should sail the high seas, which is why they offer multiple additional options for every system.
- Low System Requirements include: To achieve a stable 30FPS at 1080p, the minimum requirements are comprised out of an Intel i7 4790 CPU (or AMD’s Ryzen 5 1600) paired with GPUs such as Nvidia’s GTX 1060 (6GB) and AMD’s RX 570 (4GB).
- While the GPU and CPU are very important, they must be paired with at least 8 GB of DDR4 RAM running in Dual Channel configuration. Of course, the world of Skull and Bones, with all the ships and piracy you can expect, requires at least 65 GB of space on your SSD.
- Moving up to High settings, an i7 8700K (or Ryzen 5 3600) with an RX 5700XT (or RTX 2070) will get you to 1080p and 60FPS, with 16 GB of (Dual Channel) RAM in tow. Of course, SSD space is the same as above.
- If yer monitor be 1440p, expect to reach 60FPS on High at that resolution with an i7 9700K/Ryzen 5 5600X, alongside Team Green’s RTX 3070 (8GB) and Team Red’s RX 6800 (16GB). 16GB of RAM is still the norm here!
- Finally, for the fair few aiming for 4K60 at Ultra settings, your feat is gargantuan, but DLSS and FSR come to your aid! In our testing, stable 60FPS is achievable by using DLSS or FSR on their Balanced Presets, with the following minimum specs: Intel I5 11600K/AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and Nvidia RTX 3080/AMD RX 6800XT, together with 16 GB or RAM
Skull and Bones will support a wide variety of settings meant to allow players to customize their experience. These settings are visual, auditive, and related to controls or social features.
On PC, Ubisoft is going to offer fully remappable keys, as well as full Controller Support, including the ability to swap the Left and Right sticks and remap buttons, customize aim assist, and more. There’s also an FOV slider! There will also be crossplay between PC and other platforms.
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE!
Be a Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!