In a recent Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, SQUARE ENIX® announced that FINAL FANTASY XIV Online’s Patch 6.4: “The Dark Throne” is set to release on May 23, 2023. The announcement was made by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida in a new trailer, which also offered a glimpse of what players can expect in the upcoming patch. Along with new main scenario quests, players can look forward to a new raid dungeon, trial, and other updates such as Crystalline Conflict and Frontline PvP updates, Island Sanctuary updates allowing outdoor furnishings, and a preview of Variant and Criterion dungeons launching with Patch 6.45.
Further details on Patch 6.4 can be found below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the story of the Warrior of Light.
- New Raid Dungeon: Pandæmonium: Anabaseios – The final instalment of the Pandæmonium raid series.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in the Aetherfont.
- New Trial: The Voidcast Dais – A challenging new battle against Golbez at both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Fight in Containment Bay Z1T9 (Unreal) against the mighty Zurvan.
- New Side Story Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavour continues.
- Duty Support System Update – Support for several Stormblood™ main scenario dungeons (The Sirensong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania and Ala Mhigo) will be added, meaning they can be completed solo, alongside a party of NPC allies.
- Ocean Fishing Update – Explore the new route towards Kugane.
- Island Sanctuary Updates – New sanctuary ranks and items to gather, construction plots, craftable items, crops, animals, and the ability to place outdoor furnishings near structures, and more.
- Player Versus Player Updates:
- Crystalline Conflict – PvP Series 4 begins alongside Season 7 of Crystalline Conflict.
- Frontline – Adjustments made to the rules of the Fields of Glory (Shatter), and the inclusion of an optional new UI element making it easier to track the score and remaining match time.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Various updates including the introduction of a new Allagan tomestone currency, user interface updates to display job icons in the chat log and on player nameplates, the ability to glamour scholar faeries, several quality-of-life improvements, and more.
Yoshida also shared further details of Patch 6.45 during the broadcast, including:
- Blue Mage Update – Level cap raised to 80, new blue mage-exclusive gear, new enemies to challenge and more.
- New Variant Dungeon: Mount Rokkon – Players can enjoy a new variable-difficulty dungeon designed for 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size.
- New Criterion Dungeon: Mount Rokkon – High difficulty four-player content featuring a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeon, but with a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, “Criterion” and “Criterion (Savage)”, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons
- Tool Enhancement Quests – Splendorous Tools
The full video of the broadcast is available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817855770