Capcom has provided us with several remakes of iconic titles over the years, starting with the 2002 remake of Resident Evil for the Nintendo GameCube. In subsequent years, we have also seen remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. The company is not finished yet and has plans to release a remake of Resident Evil 4. For fans of the Dino Crisis franchise, Primal Omen may be of interest.
Primal Omen is an upcoming survival horror which features dinosaurs. As we don’t know what’s going on with a possible Dino Crisis Remake and no release date for Exoprimal. This new survival horror is available to the wish list on Steam and is developed and published by Sean Herron.
Primal Omen And What We Know
Sean posted the details on Twitter which his profile says he’s a Senior Level Designer at Climax Studios and is based in Scotland. He says their survival horror is inspired by Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, and Jurassic Park. The Steam description says:
Explore a lush tropical island overrun by fierce dinosaurs. A tense third person survival horror experience against tenacious creatures. Unearth why dinosaurs roam the earth once more.
There is no release date as yet but we do have some PC requirements on the listing which could change. The screenshots shown on Steam are shown below:
The game’s main features are listed as
- Modern Survival Horror Experience – 3rd person atmospheric resource-scarce horror awaits.
- Minimal Diegetic HUD – Want to check your remaining ammo? Stop and check your weapon, Your Health. How does your character look?
- Epic and Terrifying Beasts – Dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes stalk you, humans are no longer the hunters – they are the hunted
- A wide arsenal of weapons and gear to find, buy and upgrade – Spend rare resources to make sure your gear is as best as it can be
- An island full of dark secrets – Explore a living breathing lush tropical island, and discover secret facilities within.
It could be worth following if you’re a Dino Crisis fan. This is something Sean says in the announcement if you want updates. For those interested in the trailer we have this for you below.