Funktronic Labs has launched its anticipated skateBOATING game, Wave Break. It will release first on Stadia. Wave Break has been ground up for online multiplayer. This game takes place in an 80s Miami Vice-style mafia-esque world, where you can perform sweet tricks on boats and shoot down your opponents. Wave Break is rated M for Mature by the ESRB, and retails for $29.99 in the Stadia store.
- Arcade SkateBOATING Moves – Chain together sweet trick combos to boost your score, and fill up your special meter to perform special physics-defying moves for massive points
- Boat on Boat Violence – Shoot your opponents with a selection of firearms in aquatic vehicular combat, and build your special meter to go into “bullet time” for slow-motion precision shooting
- Online and Local Multiplayer – Play on the couch with a friend in local split-screen, or play with other players online, with rank-based matchmaking and private matches
- Competitive Game Modes – Compete for the highest score in Time Attack, gun down your opponents in Deathmatch, and take over territory in Turf War (to be released post-launch)
- Single Player Story Campaign – Get a glimpse of the rivalry firsthand between the Big Pin and Detective McHutchenson in an episodic storyline involving guns, kickflips, and blood money
- Fresh Synthwave Soundtrack – Carve the cool waters to an evolving ’80s inspired Soundtrack featuring brand new original music from an array of acclaimed artists
- Boat Loads of Customization – Stop by the “Beach Boutique” shop for the latest fashions to dress up your characters, visit Jimmy Jimbo to purchase different boats, accessories, and skins, and don’t forget to hit the Gym to buff up your character’s stats and attributes