Gameplay footage from developer Ludomotion’s upcoming action-RPG Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy was exclusively revealed as part of IGN Live X Gamescom. The five-minute video follows a hero on one of the game’s generated quests, which in this instance is to awaken a type of magical statue known as a ‘Flow Elemental’.
Gamers interested can anticipate this title to release sometime Q1 2021 on Epic Games Store and Xbox, launching simultaneously on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. Take some time and check out the video below.
- Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
- Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
- Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer’s ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
- Procedural generation: Ludomotion’s proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near-infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2‘s music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion or to provide foreshadowing