Cosmocat Games has announced that their rogue-lite survival horror game Toxicant launched in Steam early access for $9.99. Toxicant will be available in early access for 6 months. During this time players can give their feedback on how the game can be improved. Toxicant offers a sinister twist on the survival horror genre, featuring randomized levels and roguelike elements.
- Traverse a series of increasingly difficult randomized levels, upgrading your stats and gear along the way
- Use items like compasses, maps, beacons, and the MonPro 2000 to aid you in navigating the depths of the mines
- Collect miner’s notes and secret documents to learn the story of a conspiracy gone horribly wrong
- Sample an assortment of nourishment and libations in your quest to survive: expired canned food, toxic mushrooms, rancid wine, and more!
- Salvage old mining equipment and use it as a weapon, or a shield (Can’t find any? How about a board with a nail in it!)
What’s your Reaction?