Perfect World Entertainment and Echtra Games have announced that Torchlight III, the fast-paced dungeon-crawling ARPG will officially launch this fall on Nintendo Switch. For those who want to play now, you can purchase this game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC as it released last June for those platforms. Those who purchase the Nintendo Switch version will also be granted an exclusive Red Fairy pet.
Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games and co-founder of the Torchlight franchise released the following statement:
“To bring Torchlight III to the Nintendo Switch has been a top ask from our fans, and we’re thrilled to fulfill this wish. With Torchlight III being one of the most accessible games in the ARPG genre and an excellent entry point into the Torchlight universe, Torchlight III will be a fun pick-up-and-play adventure on this platform.”
Below is a detailed list of features for the full release of Torchlight III:
- Travel the Frontier: Players can explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft loot, use magical maps to enter unknown dungeons, or show off their spoils in town! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort: It’s time to rebuild! Players will enjoy their very own account-based fort, where they can upgrade gear, and make renovations to show it off to their friends and the world. The game allows them to build monuments of power, pet stables, and more!
- Choose a Relic: Relics are objects of great power that grant players a suite of active skills and passive skills. Players will choose one of five of these at the beginning of their journey and level them up along with their primary class abilities. The relic is an important part of a character’s strategy – choose wisely!
- Collect Epic Gear: Whether it’s armor, weapons, dyes, recipes, ember cores, or even new pets … there’s always more to find as adventurers battle through dungeons and take on dangerous foes. Every randomly-generated area can be replayed over and over again since each instance brings different items. Those who want even more epic gear can take on a contract to earn Fame and unlock elite items.
- Pets are Back: Players can fight their way to fame and glory with loyal companions! Each of the many species comes in a myriad of colors and styles so adventurers shouldn’t settle for the first one they find. They can also make these pets stronger by adding skills, equip them with gear to make them hardier, and together battle enemies as a team.
- Build Your Hero: With four classes to choose from, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Torchlight III lets them gather epic gear, select your Relic powers, and customize load-outs to create a unique combat style for their heroes.
Torchlight III features four diverse hero classes with unique abilities and powers:
- The Dusk Mage is an enchanter who harnesses the power of light and dark energy to conjure devastating attacks.
- The Forged is a powerful robot who relies on an arsenal of weaponry to build up heat and unleash explosive assaults.
- The Railmaster is a locomotive savvy powerhouse who steams into combat with a massive hammer and heavily armed battle train.
- The Sharpshooter is a powerful and nimble ranged character who uses incredible skill with ranged weapons and magical trinkets to take on enemies from afar.
Learn more about Torchlight III at Torchlight3.com