During the opening night live for Gamescom 2022 CI Games surprised everyone with a world premiere trailer and announcement of The Lords of the Fallen reboot. Set several thousand years after the original games, this acts as a spiritual successor for a brand new generation.
From the trailer provided below, there is a much darker fantasy tone given than in the past games. And with the original being one of the earliest action RPGs following in the vain of soulsborne; this game has a lot to live up to. But in the trailer we see very wicked designs for monsters and the main character.
In the trailer, we hear the narrator speak of needing to use dark powers. And we watch the hero absolutely brutalize several foes. The trailer fades with the character surrounded and charging head first all to the tune of Danzig’s Mother.
The game currently does not have a date or release window but is available to be wishlisted. You can find it on PC through Steam, PS5, & Xbox Series X|S being a next-gen only title.
“The Lords of the Fallen is the spiritual successor fans of the original title have always wanted,” said-The Lords of the Fallen Team
Cezar Virtosu, Creative Director. “The game is significantly larger, with a vast, interconnected dual
world split between the realms of the living and dead, that players can explore alone or with friends.
It’s darker and more challenging, with faster soulslike combat, stronger thematic, richer narrative,
deeper RPG systems, and more immersive storytelling.”
- A vast, interconnected world – over five times larger than the original game
- An expansive RPG experience – a huge roster of NPCs to meet and stories to uncover
- Tactical combat – a fast, fluid, and challenging combat system
- Devastating magic – turn the tide of battle with spells and character buffs
- Uninterrupted online co-op – explore a vast and dark world together
- Define your legend – full character customization and progression
Hey everyone hope you enjoyed my thoughts and breakdowns in the article above. You can keep up with my thoughts & shenanigans by following me on all my social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, & Youtube.