With the latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate update, which launched December 22, you are now able to unlock Sephiroth by purchasing either the Challenger Pack 8 or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
However, that’s not all, there have been adjustments to balance out the game, including fixes and changes that benefit the overall game experience, as well as adjusting certain fighters.
Cloud has is now able to execute Omnislash Ver. 5 (rather than his Final Smash Omnislash) when wearing his Advent Children outfit. However, this change is purely cosmetic and will not affect the damage it inflicts.
Apart from the adjustments and arrival of the one-winged angel, there were Mii costumes added, including Geno from Super Mario RPG, and favorites from Final Fantasy such as Aerith, Barret, Tifa, and the Chocobo. These cost $0.75 per set.
Update Version 10.1.0
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Red XIII
- Cait Sith
- The Turks & Rufus Shinra
- Bahamut ZERO
- Chocobo & Moogle
- You can now switch between different artwork for Cloud’s spirit.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Sephiroth Challenger Pack
- Barret’s Outfit
- Tifa’s Outfit
- Aerith’s Outfit
- Chocobo Hat
- Geno Hat + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- You can now switch between “Random from all songs” and “Random from My Music” for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
- To switch between options, access My Music via the Options or the Vault and then press the X Button.
- The Final Smash for Cloud’s P2, P4, P6, and P8 color variations has been changed to Omnislash Ver. 5. (This essentially functions the same as a regular Omnislash.)
- Game-balance adjustments have been made. Please see the details of fixes and changes to fighters.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the gameplay experience.
Adjustments to fighters
|Fox||Forward Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased attack range of the first attack to fourth attack.
|Fox||Down Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased attack range.
|Luigi||Dash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
|Zelda||Side Smash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased final attack’s range.
|Pichu||Side Smash Attack||Increased final attack’s range.|
|Young Link||Up Special||Made it easier to hit multiple times when using the move in the air.|
|Toon Link||Up Special||Made it easier to hit multiple times when using the move in the air.|
|Olimar||Up Special||After throwing a Pikmin with a side smash attack or side special, if there are other Pikmin nearby when using up special, an air attack using a Pikmin will occur.|
|Rosalina and Luma||Forward Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Decreased the attack range above the skirt’s hemline, and made it easier to continue with later attacks.
Increased final attack’s range.
|Mii Gunner||Up Throw||Adjusted launch angle.|
Increased attack range for the shot fired after the throw.
|Duck Hunt||Side Smash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Decreased the time that an opponent can hitstun shuffle during the first and second attacks.