I recently played and gave my thoughts on the demo for the upcoming horror title Stray Souls. This was made available as part of the recent Steam Next Fest event. It’s a horror game that, based on the demo, I thought would appeal to Silent Hill 2 fans. So, as a refresher, let’s take a look at the Steam Store listing for a quick description of the game. The description states that, “We will enter a world of nightmares in this third person, action-horror, inspired by the classics of the genre. Fight terrifying creatures, solve mind-bending puzzles, and unravel a horrid family secret to expose the chilling truth behind your existence.”
Stray Souls Features
- Explore the town of Aspen Falls and surrounding areas to uncover a malevolent plot set in motion at Daniel’s birth.
- Immerse yourself in Daniel’s story. Choose responses at key moments through branching dialogue options, shaping Daniel’s tone and personality.
- Fight hordes of nasty creatures or run for your life. Simplified combat without massive loadouts puts the focus on strategizing combat tactics and resource management.
- Solve dozens of clever puzzles with out of the box solutions to test your wit.
- Randomized systems ensure that enemy encounters, item locations, changing weather patterns, and strange phenomena all occur at various places, making each playthrough unique.
New Information About Stray Souls
So if you saw the recent ID@Xbox event, the game was featured and the trailer can be seen below.
Stray Souls is also coming to PlayStation with a trailer for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 found here. It also launches on Xbox One as well as Xbox Series X/S. The game features music by Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka. The music in the trailer is his track Splintered Minds. We now have a release window of Fall/Autumn 2023. You can wishlist the game on Steam and by searching the Xbox and PlayStation store.