Gamescom has been and we’ve seen many interesting updates and World Premiers. One game that got a trailer and seems to have slipped completely under the radar is a game by Elysium Game Studios. That game is Shadow of Conspiracy: Section 2.
What is Shadow of Conspiracy about?
Elysium described this game as a hybrid. It’s a third/first-person shooter mixed with action RPG and the first trailer is found below. It states it’s being developed by a “small indie team” and is a work in progress.
Do we know anything about the story?
According to the official website, this is the premise.
Here, players get to experience a completely unique setting in a dystopian, future vision of Berlin, 2087 as they investigate a police chief’s murder; find a missing girl who’s a key to solving that puzzle, and embody Nolan – an elite cop with a mysterious past, uncovering a far-reaching conspiracy.
Do we know anything about features etc?
They also list a few features such as the game engine and what could make it replayable.
- A true Next-Gen experience thanks to the early adoption of Unreal® Engine 5.
- Implementation of Metahuman allows for photorealistic characters.
- Inspirations for this brand-new IP can be found in movies like Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell (1995) as well as games like The Last of Us and the Metal Gear Solid series.
- Explore a setting that you’ve never seen before: Berlin in the year 2087, a cyberpunk metropolis shielded by massive walls from its devastated open world surroundings, where outcasts gather and malfunctioning machines roam the land.
- Meet the citizens of Berlin, who are plagued by corruption, inequality and cyberization.
- An emotional main story and hours of extra content consisting of gripping side missions, heart-wrenching moral dilemmas and electrifying investigations.
- Test your reflexes in exciting combat sequences, and your wits in challenging puzzles.
- Customize your character’s abilities and weapons for whatever playstyle you prefer, choose from a vast array of shooter, stealth and role-playing game mechanics.
- Relive the story from the antagonist’s perspective.
The chance to replay as the protagonist is an interesting option. It certainly adds an option to replay the game but still feel fresh.
When is Shadow of Conspiracy: Section 2 coming out?
No release has been given, in fact, it could be some time as it’s a very small studio according to the website and the game is a prototype build. They state the following:
This trailer shows real gameplay footage from prototype status that was developed from a small team with less than 10 people in a short amount of time.
Sound and Music
Will get a dramatic boost in the next couple of months!
But imagine what we could achieve if we were 50 or 100 people with a AAA budget , and a publisher who gives us creative freedom: A game that is unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Not to mention continued support from the BMVI .
What would it launch on?
The current plan is Shadow of Conspiracy: Section 2 launching on PC, Xbox Series XS, and PlayStation 5.
But as they say, they are a very small studio with a title that captures interest. The studio started out in 2019 and they say:
We are a small Indie studio from Berlin (only 5 people in our office) who have created this prototype gameplay in a short amount of time. We have a low budget, but infinite passion! What you have seen in the gameplay reveal trailer (which only consists of real gameplay) is just a fragment of our vision.
What are your thoughts on this? Would this interest you?