Phoenix Point was developed by Snapshot Games, which was established in 2013 by Julian Gollop, the designer of the X-COM video game franchise. The complete version which launches today will include all of the DLC that has been made available as well as a few brand-new story objectives and characters. Currently available on PC through Steam, GOG, the Epic Games Store, Stadia, and even the Microsoft Store. The complete feature list for this edition is shown below.
Phoenix Point: Complete Edition Features:
- The Definitive Phoenix Point Package: Play all previously released DLC and updates, including “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Blood and Titanium,” “Festering Skies,” “Corrupted Horizons,” “Chaos Engines,” and the “Living Weapons Pack,” introducing new story campaigns, missions, modes, soldiers, enemies, vehicles and more.
- Steam Workshop Mod Support: Customize your game experience in endless ways with mods made by the community, and create and share your own designs with the world (only on Steam).
- Defend Earth from a Mutating Alien Menace: Customize your soldiers with unique skills, weapons and equipment to use in intense turn-based battles against an ever-changing alien threat that adapts to your tactics to challenge you.
- The Geoscape Reborn: Take command of a strategic view of world situations and conflicts to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield: Beyond equipping and commanding units, Phoenix Point lets you take direct control of your soldier’s shots in combat with a unique free-aiming system. Target enemy weak spots, weapons, or valuables, or just go for center mass.
- Uncover the Global Threat: Experience a complex narrative with multiple endings, and uncover the secret origins of the crisis through exploration and research.
Also alongside strategic combat diplomacy will play a huge part in the game. There are other forces attempting to retake the Earth besides you. Different factions present various risks and rewards for joining forces. Moreover, you will have to choose how you will interact with them. The availability of mod support on the Steam version is the primary selling point of this complete edition. One can only speculate as to what the modding community will develop within Phoenix Point, which has historically given games longevity. Phoenix Point: Complete Edition is available now for $29.99 for PC.