The 12th annual New York Game Awards, hosted by the New York Videogame Critics Circle (NYVGCC), recognized outstanding achievements in the gaming industry. Elden Ring received the Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year and the Statue of Liberty Award for Best World. Justin Heckert from Vanity Fair received the Knickerbocker Award for Best Games Journalism, and Phil Spencer, CEO of Microsoft Gaming, was honored with the Andrew Yoon Legend Award.
Winners of the 2023 New York Game Awards include:
- Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year: Elden Ring
- Off Broadway Award for Best Indie Game: Vampire Survivors
- Herman Melville Award for Best Writing in a Game: God of War Ragnarök
- Statue of Liberty Award for Best World: Elden Ring
- Tin Pan Alley Award for Best Music in a Game: Metal: Hellsinger
- Great White Way Award for Best Acting in a Game: Manon Gage as Marissa Marcel in Immortality
- Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best AR/VR Game: Moss: Book II
- Central Park Children’s Zoo Award for Best Kids Game: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- A-Train Award for Best Mobile Game: Marvel Snap
- Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake: The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
- Joltin’ Joe Award for Best Esports Player of the Year: Masaya “aMSa” Chikamoto (VGBootCamp/Red Bull Esports)
- Chumley’s Speakeasy Award for Best Hidden Gem: SIGNALIS
- NYC GWB Award for Best DLC: Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
- Knickerbocker Award for Best Games Journalism: Justin Heckert, Vanity Fair
- Elizabeth Jennings Graham Award for Best Educator: Ryan O’Callaghan
- Andrew Yoon Legend Award Recipient: Phil Spencer
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE!
Be a Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!