A new Outriders patch is out and it fixes one of the more frustrating issues with the game. The snipers are finally nerfed..sort of. Fans of the game are well aware that the snipers in Outriders are ruthless beings deserving of all bad things in life to happen to them. They are quick to take your head off and are deadly accurate. With this new patch, things should be a bit easier when facing them. Below are the patch notes issued out by People Can Fly via Reddit.
We have just released a significant patch for Outriders. More on that further below.
As you will know, we’ve been spending a lot of time on our Character and Inventory restorations process. It has been hard to provide an exact date on its go live date so far, mainly because it has hovered on the very threshold of releasing for some time, but a small number of edge cases have forced us to reiterate and retest the process several times over. The greatest difficulty we’re facing in particular relates to giving characters the correct item levels, as item levels are calculated using three different variables: Character level, highest unlocked World Tier and highest completed Challenge Tier. The complexity of these three variables together on individual affected characters is taking some time for us to get right. Our tests indicate that restoring higher level gear than they should have leads to further character corruption, so we are not able to issue a blanket one size fits all solution here.
As our restoration tests have progressed, our latest patch was cleared for release.
While we had hoped to run the restoration process before releasing the patch, this unfortunately is not possible, so we have made the decision to release the patch today so that players can benefit from its fixes while we continue to iterate and work on the restoration process.
We will update you as soon as we have more news on the progress of the restoration and the community appreciation package that will follow it.PATCH NOTES
While there will be some major fixes that we’re sure will be appreciated by players, this patch includes the fixes & resolutions for many smaller and minor bugs that were reported or discovered during the demo and launch period of Outriders, but were unable to be amalgamated into the hotfixes we worked on during the same period.
NOTE: THIS PATCH DOES NOT RESTORE INVENTORIES OR FIX CHARACTERS ENCOUNTERING THE “CANT CONNECT TO SERVER” ISSUE. THESE RESTORATIONS/FIXES ARE CURRENTLY BEING WORKED UPON.
HIGHLIGHTS / Tl;dr:
Only the bundled patch highlights are listed here at the top of this thread. There are many more specific and detailed patch notes and fixes listed further below.
- Fixed a number of crashes throughout the game.
- Fixed a number of issues, bugs and crashes associated with multiplayer.
- Resolved an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the “Sign In” screen.
- Lots of resolutions for gear, mods, skill, quest, level & lighting bugs
- [REBALANCE] AI snipers now give players more time to dodge their shots.
- [REBALANCE] Reduced the amount of knockback from creatures in the Stargrave expedition.
- There is now also a greater delay between spawns and a reduced number of the offending creatures.
- Fixed a bug where a skill damage improvement mod on gear with a higher level than the player would actually reduce damage when used at lower World Tiers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a number of mods to not properly trigger their On Shot/On Critical Shot effects if said shot was a killing shot
- Fixed a bug that caused the Trickster’s “Hunt the Prey” skill to not teleport but still go into cooldown
- [PC] Fixed an issue whereby old crash dumps were not being properly cleared from the player’s system.
- Note: These are the 300MB files that were previously left behind.
- [PC] Added support for rebinding the Fn; Delete; End; PageDown; Insert Home; PageUp; Print Screen; Scroll Lock; CapsLock; keys.
- [PC] The available FOV for configuration has been increased from 90 to 130.
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE! Be Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!