LV1 Gaming made its way to PAX West 2023 and had the opportunity to interview the developer behind Mirthwood. Developed by Bad Ridge Games and published by V Publishing. This title has blended together mechanics from legendary RPGs and presented it in a hand-drawn art style. In Mirthwood, you will be able to fight, live, and thrive in an immersive medieval fantasy world.
Personally, this was the best indie title I checked out during PAX West 2023. The blending of Fable NPC interactions and Stardew Valley farming/crafting sold me before I played the game. Once I actually experienced how detailed the combat is and how fun it is to play I knew that this will be a day one purchase when it releases.
Mirthwood Gameplay and Developer Interview
- Manage your own homestead, build a farm, plant, and harvest crops, rear animals, and upgrade your facilities to craft items and gear.
- Gorgeous hand-drawn graphics, immersive sound effects, and an original musical score.
- Explore an open world comprised of six diverse regions and three distinct towns, with much to discover – and uncover.
- Battle Storms, Winter, and disease with survival-lite elements as you progress through a bewitching world.
- Take up a sword or ready your bow in real-time combat, Mirthwood will pit you against a variety of enemies from Bandits to werewolves.
- Equip yourself with a collection of weapons, armor, and clothing. Level and specialize your character in your chosen combat class to improve your ability to survive the dangers of Bleakwood.
- Meet and befriend (or insult) townsfolk and NPCs across Mirthwood with a new Sims-style interaction system.
There is no official release date but the developers are aiming for a 2024 release. Make sure to go and wishlist Mirthwood.
Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE! Be a Superhero and Like, Share, and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Also, go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page! Please make sure to follow me on all social media platforms @BaronJ67 to keep up with my shenanigans.