Pokemon Go players will be able to celebrate the Lunar New Year starting today. Some locations will have already started the celebration. Players will be getting a new Mega evolution to use.
Starting on Tuesday February 9th at 10 AM local time players will be seeing more red Pokemon. The even will be ending on February 14th at 1 PM local time. Here are the Pokemon that will be available in the even.
Catch Them All
- Red Pokémon—like Krabby, Goldeen, Magmar, Magikarp, Miltank, Meditite, Tepig, , and more—will appear more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might spot Gyarados in the wild. Will you be lucky enough to encounter the coveted red Shiny Gyarados?
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Meditite, and Miltank.
- Pokémon representing animals associated with Lunar New Year will be hatching from 5 km Eggs! Keep an eye out for Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Mareep, Houndour, Miltank, Torchic, Bagon, Buneary, Tepig, and Litleo.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Meditite, Carvanha, Duskull, Skorupi, and Darumaka will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Miltank, Octillery, Blaziken, Camerupt, and Absol will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Latios and Latias will be appearing in five-star raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos will be appearing in Mega Raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time. This will be Mega Gyarados’s debut in Pokémon GO!
Year of the Ox
- In celebration of the Year of the Ox, Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokémon, will be featured in Timed Research!
- Gifts will contain more Poké Balls, so be sure to send lots of Gifts to your friends.
- You’re more likely to become Lucky Friends with your friends, so be sure to swap Gifts, battle in raids, and trade with them!
- When you trade a Pokémon, it’ll be more likely to become a Lucky Pokémon.
- Trading range will be temporarily increased to 40 km from Monday, February 8, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, February 15, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST(GMT −8).- Pokemongolive.com
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE! Be Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!