SQUARE ENIX unveiled a 5-minute trailer for the upcoming Life is Strange Remastered Collection, which includes enhanced versions of the award-winning series’ first two games. Players will be able to experience legendary leads, Max and Chloe, like never before on Google Stadia, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, GeForce Now, and PC Steam, thanks to updated character models, improved motion capture, and more.
Check out the gameplay below:
Improvements visible in this clip are:
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline.
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more.
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lip-sync animation throughout.
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture.
- Updated models and materials for key props, ex. the bucket in the bathroom
On February 1, 2022, the Life is Strange Remastered Collection will be available on Google Stadia, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, GeForce Now, and PC Steam. Versions of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will also be compatible with the next-generation PlayStation 5 and XBOX SERIES X|S. The Nintendo Switch version will be released later.