Level 40 will no longer be the top spot in Pokemon Go. Players will be able to get to Level 50 starting later this month. This is going to be a long day for me, this is just one of the many articles we will be covering on Pokemon Go today.
This is the first time in this game that the level cap has been increased. Players will be able to get up to level 50 starting the week of November 30th. If everything goes right when the game is updated during that time. Today at 1 PM local time players will notice that they are getting double catch XP. Niantic is making it easier for players to level up before the end of the year.
If a player can level up before the end of 2020, they will become a Legacy 40 Trainer. Players that achieve this feat will be getting some special items as well. Don’t expect getting to level 50 to be easy. Players will have to complete tasks that are geared towards each level. Here is the list is taken from the Pokemon Go blog.
Past Level 40 Requirments
- Level 41: Submit your catching skills to a test of endurance! You’ll be expected to catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day, along with other tasks, to reach level 41.
- Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions.
- Level 43: Show us your mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! You’ll also need to have earned a certain number of platinum medals before you can advance to level 43. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokémon GO. Have you been developing your skills in battle? You’ll have to if you want to reach level 44!
- Level 45: You’ve battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 you’ll need to focus your efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, you’ll need to complete several Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document your daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
- Level 47: You may think you’ve mastered the art of battling in raids, but the requirements to reach level 47 will really test your mettle! For example, one challenge will require you to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
- Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokémon GO: your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs you’ve collected, reaching level 48 will require you and your buddy to be laser-focused on developing your friendship with one another. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon, it’s your friendships with other Trainers. The people we meet on our Pokémon journeys bring so much to our lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokémon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokémon through trades, and more.
- Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!