The team at Lv1Gaming is looking for that special someone to fill the Editor position to make sure our dynamic articles are a fit for the site. This unpaid position will allow you to be part of the Lv1 Gaming team and shape our voice in the ever-changing gaming industry. At Lv1 Gaming, we require Editors who are driven to do the best they can, have a way with words, and keep up with what’s trending in the world of gaming. We’re looking for eagle-eyed, informative, and thorough people that will help form the articles we write!
Do you know the English language? Can you know how to construct a great paragraph with a falcon punch? Can you fairly and properly edit others’ work in a quick time manner? Are you reliable, and dedicated with the time and energy necessary to become a regular, trustworthy editor that we can count on? Do you have a deep knowledge of something our readers might love? Can you unbiased deliver news and media? Obsessed with stories that make you tear up? Do you have an opinion that NEEDS to be heard? We want you! An affinity for popular gaming trends ensures that you know exactly what’s hot and what’s not.
- Previous Work Examples (If Available)
- An understanding of the English Language
- An example article of what you would post here so we can get a feel of your writing style.
- Knowledge of Online Content posting and management
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about WordPress
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about SEO optimization
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about Social media management
- A love of the video game industry and media revolving around it
- A want to learn about different writing practices
- A want to learn writing and editing skills
- Strong news judgment, ability to play an active biased role in newsgathering
- Commitment to the Editor Position
- *Video making experience is a plus but not required.*
- Research and brainstorm engaging topics together with our team and on your own
- Ability to present or pitch your idea of a story or topic you’re interested in covering
- Ability to efficiently deliver your editing assignments under the provided deadline, ensuring your work is accurate, concise, and grammatically correct
- The ability to take on new challenges and work through problems
- Creative and fun team to work with
- Work when you want remotely
- Full guidance and support of our Editor in Chief and Founders
- Ability to get relevant, hands-on digital age journalism experience
- The chance to write for a rapidly growing website
- Possible chance to cover upcoming games and events
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable. Someone who is more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible. You have to enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented. You would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent. You enjoy working with little direction
- Innovative. You prefer working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Honest. If deadlines can not be met or circumstances change you’re not afraid to let the editorial team know
- Monday to Friday with the options to work on the weekends
We are seeking talented gamers to join our fast-growing community of gaming lovers. Lv1 Gaming’s Editing team have worked on a range of articles and opinion pieces to ensure all voices are heard. Passion is key, so editing what you love is the best way to achieve success. Do you think you’d be a great fit for our Editor Position? Do you have the skills to become a valuable and productive member of the Lv1 Gaming family? Are you a reliable, dedicated Editor with the time and energy necessary to become a regular, trustworthy contributor that we can count on? If yes, don’t miss the chance to be part of our team, and apply today!
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Be a Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!