It seems like only yesterday we got the next-gen upgrades for the historic GTA V. This new release added upgrades for those playing on Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5. It gave use better draw distances, more traffic on the roads, and ray tracing support. We also know it’s available at a limited time discount with PlayStation seemingly getting the better price. Now Rockstar is adding more to the game in the form of GTA+ and it’s coming on 29th March.
This service will not be available for Xbox One or PlayStation 4 users. The description on the news post seems to indicate that it’s also currently not coming to PC. The description clearly states.
GTA+ is a new membership program exclusively for GTA Online on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
What Exactly Is GTA+?
GTA+ is a brand new subscription service for the online side to GTA. Rockstar says it will provide those who subscribe “easy access to a range of valuable benefits for both new and long-standing players on the latest generation consoles”.
Also, you get a monthly deposit to your Maze Bank account for the sum of GTA$500,000. You can also get the following:
The opportunity to claim properties in and around Los Santos that unlock gameplay updates you may have missed out on, special vehicle upgrades, Member-only discounts, GTA$ and RP bonuses, and more each month.
What You Get If You Subscribe For The First Month
The monthly fee is $5.99. No prices were given to other counties at the time of writing. Therefore those in the UK and Europe for example, expect a price of around £6/€6. From 29th March until 27th April this is what you are expecting to see if you choose to subscribe.
- GTA Online money totaling $500,000 is delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts are automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
Members will also get regular exclusive monthly rewards and special Shark cards. However, what are your thoughts? Does the game really need a subscription service? As always get in touch and share your views.