The results of the 38th Golden Joystick Awards were revealed last night. More than 3 million votes were cast to determine the winners in 20 categories. To no surprise to most, The Last of Us Part 2 took home 6 awards. Check out the list below to see who all the winners were.
The 2020 Golden Joystick Award winners are:
- Best Storytelling: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Multiplayer Game: Fall Guys
- Best Visual Design: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Game Expansion: No Man’s Sky: Origins
- Mobile Game of the Year: Lego Builder’s Journey
- Best Audio: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Indie Game: Hades
- Still Playing: Minecraft
- Studio of the Year: Naughty Dog
- Esports Game of the Year: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster: iamBrandon
- Best Family Game: Fall Guys
- Best Gaming Community: Minecraft
- Best Performer: Sandra Saad (Critics Choice)
- Breakthrough Award: Among Us (Critics Choice)
- Hall of Fame: Team17 / Worms (Critics Choice)
- PC Game of the Year: Death Stranding
- Best Gaming Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
- PlayStation Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II
- Xbox Game of the Year: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Nintendo Game of the Year: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Most Wanted Game: The next God of War game
- Critics Choice Award: Hades (Critics Choice)
- Ultimate Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II
Daniel Dawkins, Content Director, Games and Film at GamesRadar+ issued the following:
Thank you to all the developers, publishers, performers and broadcasters who have made this year’s virtual award ceremony possible, joining us from your homes and offices all over the world. We are truly humbled by everyone who has worked so hard to create and release games in this difficult year, and to everyone who has rallied around the Golden Joystick Awards.
Finally, the biggest thank you goes to the millions of gaming fans who played and then voted for their picks of the year. This year, more than ever, games have brought people together and provided much needed escapism, empowerment and community. We’ve been celebrating the people who make games for 38 years, and it’s never felt so important to come together and recognise their achievements.
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE!
Be Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!