I recently published a beginner’s guide to the world of Elden Ring. Set in The Lands Between, it can be a scary place, but as we’ve seen, it doesn’t have to be. My journey began on the Xbox version as well. Since that beginner’s guide, I’ve completed the game seven times and unlocked all achievements. During each of those playthroughs, I discovered something new or a new way to attack larger enemies. This could be a new sword or spell or incantation.
A variety is advantageous because certain bosses or heavier enemies have specific weaknesses. Some are immune to holy attacks, but fire hurts; others require a more direct approach. With so many flaws, a different approach may be required. However, with so many options, the question is what to use. So, let’s take a look at some of the options available to Elden Ring players.
- Golden Halberd: You get from beating the Tree Sentinel at the start of the game
- Sacred Relic Sword: Turn in the Remembrance from the Elden Beast at Roundtable Hall
- Blasphemy Blade: Turn in the Remembrance Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy at Roundtable Hold. He is found in Volcano Manor. This sword also restores small portions of health when you kill an enemy.
- Rivers of Blood: From an AI invasion near the foot of the giants just before fighting the Fire Giant. Really useful for bleed builds.
- Pulley Bow: It will be found on a sitting corpse at the top of a siege tower found near Mt. Gelmir campsite. This is also not far from Volcano Manor.
- Serpent bow: Found in the Abandoned Cave. You will need protection from Scarlet Rot such as the Flame, Cleanse Me incantation
- Lusat’s Glintstone Staff: Found in the Sellia, Town of Sorcery after defeating the boss duo. It is situated in a chest just off the boss chamber.
- Rotten Crystal Staff: A rare drop by the Crystalian mage guarded by 2 Crystalian Lancers. This is by the Elphael Inner Wall Site of Grace site. In melee, it also applies Scarlet Rot
- Comet Azur: Fires a giant comet that can cause massive ranged damage. Found just past the Hermit Village in Mt Gelmir. It’s obtained from the Primeval Sorcerer Azur who is sitting near the cliff edge. Can be boosted with Terra Magica.
- Terra Magica: This raises the magic strength of those standing in the zone it casts. To get this, you’ll need to enter the Academy Crystal Cave dungeon. Take the elevator that is behind the Crystalians bosses. You’ll end up eventually in a tower inside that leads to a tower inside Raya Lucaria Academy. At the top, you’ll find the spell on a chest.
- Crystal Torrent: This fires multiple Crystal pieces out in front of you. Found in Sellia Hideaway after beating the three Putrid Crystalian bosses.
- Lorettas Greatbow: Found in Caria Manor and obtained by beating the Royal Knight Loretta. This creates a magic great bow and fires a great arrow.
- Rotten breath: Purchase from the Cathedral of Dragon Communion. Gives the enemy Scarlet Rot
- Ekzykes’s Decay: Purchase from the Cathedral of Dragon Communion which is in Caelid after beating Decaying Ekzykes. Gives the enemy Scarlet Rot.
- Lord’s Divine Fortification: helps increase your protection against holy damage. Very useful against the Elden Beast and Radagon. There are a couple of ways to obtain it. First, speak to Gideon Ofnir after you’ve defeated Malenia about the Haligtree Roots. The second option is after Maliketh, the Black Blade has been defeated, it can be bought from the Twin Maiden Husks.
- Swarm of Flies: This unleashes allows a swarm of bloodflies that attack enemies. They deal damage and build up blood loss.
- Pest Threads: Sold by Gowry who is near Sellia, Town of Sorcery. This is part of Millicent’s quest. This conjures sticky threads that slow enemies.
- Black Flame: This throws a fireball of black flame. It can be charged which will deal extra damage and explode on impact. You need to give a Godskin Prayerbook to either Brother Corhyn or Miriel, Pastor of Vows.
- Scarlet Aeonia: Defeat Malenia, Blade of Miquella in the Haligtree and turn in the remembrance at Roundtable Hold
- Flame, Cleanse Me: This alleviates the buildup of and cures poison and scarlet rot. It can be found on a corpse at the Fire Monk camp. This is located southeast of the Church of Vows.
- Dragonclaw Shield: This inflicts physical and lightning damage and grants you the ability to use the Shield Bash. This will allow you to ram your opponent
- Erdtree Greatshield: Will inflict physical and holy damage and gives you the ability to use the Unique Skill called Golden Retaliation. This dispels sorceries and incantations,
- Carian Knight’s Shield: This will inflict magic and physical damage
- Golden Scarab: Increases runes dropped by 20%. Dropped by the pair of Cleanrot Knight bosses in the Abandoned Cave.
- Silver Scarab: Increases item discovery. Very useful for getting enemies to drop items with a low drop rate, such as the Rotten Crystal Staff. Found in a chest in the Hidden Path to the Haligtree. Be wary of it being an invisible path, so equip glowstones or hit the path with arrows.
- Ancestral Spirit’s Horn: This restores 3 FP every time you kill an enemy. It is found when you turn in the Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor Spirit. You get this by beating the Regal Ancestor Spirit found in Nokron, Eternal City.
- Taker’s Cameo: You’ll unlock this on way to getting the Blasphemous Blade. It’s a part of a series of quests by Tanith at Volcano Manor and this you get on completing the final quest. This is when you face Juno Hoslow, Knight of Blood. It restores health when enemies are defeated.
- Haligdrake Talisman: So this reduces damage received from holy attacks. Very useful against the Radagon/Elden Beast fight. It’s hard to access find a body in the Stranded Graveyard.
Ashes Of War
- Bloodhound’s Step: Will let you become temporarily invisible while dodging at high speed. However, it’s not easy to get as it’s dropped by a Night’s Cavalry found at the bridge by Lenne’s Rise tower. This is in the Dragonbarrow area of Caelid.
- Seppuku: This Ash of War grants you Blood affinity and the Seppuku skill. This means you will plunge your blade into your stomach. This in turn stains it with blood and increases your attack power. This improves your ability to inflict blood loss.
So that is only a small selection of gear available in Elden Ring. Armour will depend on what build you want to run. However, the Elden Ring Wiki page offers a huge range of information. Hopefully, this is a start to hopefully going even further and perhaps getting 100% achievements and trophies.