The survival horror game Dino Crisis is a Capcom title that many fans hope will be remade, along with Resident Evil Code Veronica. While Capcom seems reluctant to remake, reboot, or continue the Dino Crisis franchise, some spiritual successors carry on its legacy. One such title is Dinobreak, introduced in the reveal trailer below. Like Dino Crisis, Dinobreak is a survival horror game featuring dangerous dinosaur enemies. While not an official sequel, Dinobreak aims to capture the tone and gameplay of the classic Dino Crisis series. With impressive graphics and thrilling dinosaur encounters shown in the trailer, Dinobreak may appeal to fans of survival horror and dinosaur action looking for a new title to enjoy.
Now if we look at the two games they look different with Dinobreak going for the 90’s style presentation. We get told on the Steam listing that the game “looks, plays, and sounds like a survival horror game made in 1999” . Though for the game description let’s see below.
The crises of the past return in DINOBREAK as dinosaurs overwhelm a metropolitan city on a fateful night in 1999. Band together with survivors across the city to uncover the origins of the onslaught, and find a path to safety. DINOBREAK looks, sounds and plays like a ’90s-era survival horror game. Cheesy acting, extreme gore, exhilarating action, and resource management await as you fight through hordes of dinosaurs to escape alive. Take one last trip to the world of survival horror in this one-of-a-kind adventure.
And for the game features.
- Multiple difficulty modes, including the all-new Assisted and Easy options to allow all players to enjoy the adventure!
- Switch between fixed camera, over-the-shoulder, or first-person shooter modes at any time during gameplay.
- Classic survival horror mechanics meld with intense action and hordes of monsters.
- Extremely cheesy and stiff voice acting to bring the past alive.
- Experience the entire story in a narrative driven classic campaign.
- Hit the arcade in Operation: Feral Raptor, a non-stop action-packed bonus mode across the entire city.
- Limited inventory space, and limited saving, will keep you on your toes.
- Extreme gore paints the city in blood as the dinosaur’s rampage unfolds.
Dinobreak Release Information
Dinobreak is coming to PC with a Steam listing available to wish list the game. It will also be made available on the Epic Store. Though we have good news for console fans. It’s coming to console as well. In fact you can preorder on the Nintendo Switch for $19.99 / £17.99. No listings are available at time of writing for the PlayStation or Xbox store. However, we can expect it to launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. As for when we can jump into some Dino survival horror we have very little time to wait as the horror begins on 4th October.