Death Stranding’s final trailer just dropped leading up to the launch of the Death Stranding Director’s cut later this month. And this all comes hot off the heels of this year’s Gamescom showcase. And with closing out the show, Death Stranding was able to show its new feature trailer and show all the new additions coming.
So what was shown?
Well, there is a lot of information that was given for Death Stranding Director’s cut so let’s break down the new content coming.
So the first major point is that the Death Stranding Director’s Cut is only for PS5 consoles. So it has been enhanced to take full advantage of the hardware. Coming directly from the Playstation store page it will take advantage in the following ways:
- Haptic feedback: Experience environment effects with the DualSense™ wireless controller’s haptic
- Adaptive triggers: Get closer to the world of DEATH STRANDING with bespoke adaptive trigger
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
- Fast loading: Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load
- Stunning visuals: Choose from two picture modes – performance mode with scaled 4K and up to 60fps or fidelity mode in native 4K – both with HDR support, so you can enjoy stunningly clear graphics and advanced texture streaming.* DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT offers a Widescreen Mode for an ultra-wide play experience, using the console’s standard 16:9 aspect ratio to display letterboxed gameplay equivalent to 21:9 aspect ratio.
New Gameplay mechanics:
So along with taking advantage of the PS5 hardware it is actually introducing new gameplay mechanics so here is a few of those:
New delivery systems:
Of the noted changes was the fact of there being new items to help with delivering cargo.
- Thrusters. One of addition was to the powerskeleton Sam could use when making deliveries. And they added in the addition of hover thrusters. Allowing players to jump farther and safely land from higher distances without damaging orders.
- A Catapult. Thats right there is now the addition of a giant electromagnetic cannon. With it you can use it to Catapult cargo across long distances to an area for delivery later.
- Buddy Bot Upgrade. The companion delivery droid buddy bot, has gotten some more features. Now able to carry more cargo then previous when following the player. As well as now offering the ability to carry Sam on top, so you can ensure the delivery 100% without lifting a finger.
A New Facility:
Another new addition is a new facility to make use of for the player is the Gun range.
The gun range offers players the ability to practice using the weapons within the game. Unlocking new courses and weapons as they progress through the game. One of the new weapons being introduced is the Mazer gun. Essentially a giant taser, it allows burst electric shocks or sustained stun charges.
Replay Boss Battles:
Now players can replay boss battles in an online ranked leaderboard. When players are in the bunker they can view any of the figures of bosses that have been defeated and replay those fights. Allowing for competing for rankings against the rest of the world.
New story mission:
But the largest addition in this new edition is the new story missions. Sam and Bridges have discovered a secret underground facility. Leading to more action-packed missions. The player is tasked with investigating the facility, now controlled by MULES. What will players find at the end of this new scenario?
New Random Fun:
Introduced in the Director’s Cut is a new Jump ramp. Acting as a speed booster and jump pad, you can use the jump ramp with the bike to cover large areas with ease. As well as having the ability to perform tricks while in mid-air.
Along with new jump ramps, they introduced Races. With a large amount of pre-made races using each of the vehicles located in the game between the Bike, Truck, and Roadster.
When is it coming?
As you can see from its Gamescom Showcase that there is a lot coming in the new Director’s Cut. Along with the new features trailer, there is quite a bit to look forward to. Death Stranding Director’s Cut will launch on September 23rd. It is currently available for digital pre-order on the PlayStation store.
Hey, guys hope you enjoy my thoughts and breakdowns in the articles above. You can keep up with all my shenanigans by following me on all my social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, & Glimesh.