Survival horror games we know can find an audience. For example, look at the success of Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes. We even looked at titles around the horror genre you may have missed. Another upcoming game is more survival horror with a co-op aspect called Blight: Survival. The official website calls it “an upcoming medieval, co-operative, action-horror roguelite”. Though it may be one you may just be hearing of for the first time, it also may be worth watching. However, if you’re intrigued, let’s look at the gameplay reveal trailer below.
The first thing we notice is the game looks absolutely incredible in terms of visual quality. It also opens up by showing off its also extremely brutal. We can wish list the game on Steam so we know for definite a PC release is planned. That listing gives a bit more information on the game which tells us the following
Blight: Survival is a medieval co-operative extraction-lite pitting you and up to three other players against mortals and monsters in a desperate attempt to reach and destroy the source of the Blight, a deadly affliction that plagues the land.
The game takes place in the no man’s land between two desperate kingdoms in a ceaseless war. Within this purgatory, a new strain of Blight has erupted from remains of the fallen. Fed and strengthened by the blood that has been spilled, it rapidly spreads – turning man into monster.
As the people bleed – paralyzed by war – they have turned to you and your kin. Being the only ones willing, you’ve been tasked to venture forth and vanquish the all-consuming Blight.
The game features
- Explore a new gaming genre that incorporates the best elements of rogue-lites and extraction games, offering a unique and thrilling gameplay experience
- Fight, with up to three friends, your way through both humans and horrors in a violent co-op action experience.
- Put your decision-making skills to the test. Will you choose to extract or take the risk and push forward?
- Immerse yourself in an engaging directional combat system that is accessible to newcomers but offers a high skill ceiling for more seasoned players.
- Select from a diverse range of weapons, armor, talents and customize them to best suit your playstyle.
- Explore the war-ravaged lands in a world filled with secrets and hidden treasures waiting to be discovered.
Blight: Survival Release Information
For PC owners looking to jump in on this, it’s available for Steam as we know. However, at the time of writing it is not showing up on the Epic store. As for the console, it’s not scheduled but console owners fear not. It seems the game’s developer Haenir Studio is keen on a console release. First of all, they were asked on Twitter about the release of PlayStation 5. So we see they got a positive response.
And Pure Xbox also picked up the story as well. So it does look like console owners could get the game as well at some point as the developers want to bring it to the console. We also have the PC minimum specs.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 SP1/8.1/10 – 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 / AMD FX 4350
- Memory: 4000 MB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 20000 MB available space
We can show you some screenshots of the game below. Though we still have no release date or window to give you at this moment in time.