Czech Republic-based publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party dev Savage Game Design have announced a huge new Creator DLC coming to Arma 3. S.O.G Prairie Fire will transport players back to the Vietnam War. It will deliver a thrilling and historic military sandbox experience on a scale not seen before. The S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC is scheduled for release on Steam in Q2 2021. It will be priced at $22.99 USD (€22.99 EUR / £19.99 GBP).
Players can add the Creator DLC to their wishlist by visiting its store page on Steam.
What is S.O.G Prairie Fire?
The name S.O.G. Prairie Fire refers to the “Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group” (MACV-SOG). A branch of the United States Special Forces established in 1964. The main objective of the unit was to conduct covert operations in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.
This task force will play a central role in the DLC’s multiplayer co-op campaign. To portray the soldiers’ experiences in a more accurate manner, Savage Game Design has been closely collaborating with US Special Forces veterans who served in MACV-SOG until it was deactivated in 1972, as well as Vietnamese advisors.
Key features of the Arma 3 S.O.G Prairie Fire Creator DLC include:
- Cam Lao Nam Terrain – You will get to explore a unique 300 km2 terrain representing the Vietnam War’s entire Area of Operations. Including the Ho Chi Minh Trail which ran from North Vietnam through neighbouring Laos and Cambodia to South Vietnam.
- 4 Factions – Fight as the United States Army (including the covert MACV-SOG Special Forces unit), Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN), People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) or Viet Cong. All sides come equipped with their own uniforms and gear.
- 50+ Weapons – Engage the enemy with detailed recreations of pistols, revolvers. In addition, grab rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, and a diverse range of weapon accessories. Your arsenal is reinforced by deadly grenades, traps, and other special items.
- 50+ Vehicles & Static Weapons (including variants) – Wage war in the jungles, mountains, cities, rivers, and islands of Vietnam. Roam across the land with several variations of armed helicopters, gunboats, light tanks, cars, trucks, static weapons, one jet, five small boats, and two bicycles.
- Multiplayer Co-op Campaign – Operate deep within the enemy territory as a member of a clandestine MACV-SOG recon team in a fully voice-acted campaign that consists of 6 highly replayable co-op missions for up to 14 players.
- 9 Multiplayer Scenarios – Play 9 new scenarios in Arma 3’s official End Game, Warlords, Zeus, and Escape game modes. The “Ash & Trash” bonus mission tasks you with flying routine helicopter missions around the beautiful countryside and landmarks of Cam Lao Nam.
- 5 Single Player Scenarios – Become familiar with the weapons, vehicles, and equipment used during the Vietnam War in two new Showcase scenarios. Additionally, there is a mission for both MACV and PAVN that introduces you to jungle combat from either perspective. The “Ash & Trash” bonus mission can also be enjoyed in single-player.
- Sounds & Effects – Experience ‘Nam with immersive audio meticulously designed to reproduce the sound of jungle guerrilla warfare: wildlife calls, disturbed vegetation, quiet whispers of “Charlie”, bullet cracks, explosions, and the loud cries of the wounded.
- Music – Listen to an atmospheric soundtrack that consists of rock and blues, and a cinematic score composed with Vietnamese instruments. Players can tune into an in-game radio channel that also broadcasts original Armed Forces Vietnam news and adverts that ran at the time.
- Additional Content – S.O.G. Prairie Fire is complemented by various modules and objects that are usable when the DLC is loaded. This includes custom systems for battlefield logistics, artillery and air support, melee combat, and more – as well as 100 food, drink, and medicine items and over 150 building structures and fortifications that can be used to support community-made content and game modes.
To ensure an optimal launch of the Arma 3 S.O.G Prairie Fire DLC, Bohemia Interactive and Savage Game Design will host a small-scale, closed beta test in the next two weeks. Selected members of the Arma 3 community will be invited to report any remaining technical issues and help test the upcoming DLC on a variety of PC configurations.
Furthermore, on the day of the DLC’s full release, Savage Game Design will publish a compatibility data pack for non-owners to the Arma 3 Steam Workshop. Subscribing to this Workshop item will allow those who do not own S.O.G. Prairie Fire to still play on multiplayer servers that make use of the DLC’s assets.
Additionally, It will also let people inspect the new assets in-game before purchasing. Access to the DLC’s premium Cam Lao Nam terrain, campaign, and single-player scenarios, however, will remain exclusive to the owners of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC. Restrictions to the in-game use of DLC assets by non-owners also apply.
So When Can You Get Your Hands On It?
The exact release date of the Arma 3 S.O.G Prairie Fire DLC hasn’t been shared yet. More information about the project can also be found at https://www.sogpf.com. Savage Game Design plans to share more development insights via their social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
For all the latest Arma 3 news, be sure to like the game’s official Facebook Page. Additionally, follow its Twitter account, and subscribe to the Arma 3 YouTube Channel. Finally, join its Steam Community.
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE!
Be a Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Finally, would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!