Philippine-based game development studio, CMD Studios, today announced they are developing their very first independent game. The Metroidvania JRPG Fallen Tear: The Ascension is a 2D hand drawn open-world dark fantasy title where you take the role of a mysterious child named Hira, who seeks the 22 Fated Bonds to learn the truth of his ancient origins and save a loved one.
Here is a list of features you can expect from the title:
- A contemporary take on the classic metroidvania.
- Go on a journey through a fantasy world and its diverse interconnected biomes and cities.
- The world of Raoah has many different paths and doors: most are in plain sight, some are difficult to access, and others are hidden. Make your own way through this open, expansive world.
- As you fight and help others, your learnings will give you Soul, which grants access to Masteries and helps your party members gain Trust!
- Find the 22 Fated Bonds! These characters chosen by ancient pacts will assist you in your journey with their Talents, and occasionally provide Services. These abilities grow stronger as you continue to gain their Trust!
- Learn Masteries that will help define your character’s unique traits! Will you specialize in attacking, or will you instead choose defense to survive the most grievous of wounds? The choice is yours!
- Unearth your true power with the Ascensions! The mystic bonds forged in your journey will unlock powerful abilities tied to Hira’s mysterious origins. Gain access to abilities that vary from powerful wall-breaking energy attacks to the ability to dash or jump twice in mid air.
- Are you an aspiring monster slayer? Join the Korr Hunter’s Guild and put your combat skills to the test! Earn contracts and learn new Maneuvers as you go up the ranks!
- A whole world’s worth of diverse and zany characters (and monsters!) all brought to life with detailed, handcrafted 2D animation.
- The intertwined destinies of Hira and the Fated Bonds are unleashed with powerful Unities unique to the combination of party members you bring along on your journeys. Mix and match your party members to find them all!
- A monster of Hira’s dark past hounds and haunts him at every turn. Just what is his relation to the bestial “Overgrowth”?
Fallen Tear: The Ascension is very unique as it is a metroidvania infused with JRPG systems such as party management, member trust, and character progression. This title also give the player several ability and skill systems that allow for customization and specialization in the way you play.
The visually appealing hand-drawn style of 2D animation really stands out in the screenshots & trailers as each detail is masterfully drawn out.
Fallen Tear: The Ascension is coming to Steam on March 31st as a playable demo. Players can expect the title to fully release in 2023.
Leave some suggestions on what we can do better or change. Are you interested in writing, editing or just being a part of Lv1 Gaming? CONTACT US HERE!
Be Superhero and Like, Share and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Go Tomb Raiding and give us a follow on Twitch as well! Twitch.tv/Lv1_gaming Would you kindly follow us on Twitter at @Lv1Gaming Also follow our Facebook page!